9.30.2013

Reflection on Tech Cohort 1.0 goals

One of the best things I've done in my school district has been to participate in the "21st Century Technology Cohort" program.  We are the "first years" so we are called 1.0.   This has been such a powerful experience because not only have I been provided with my awesome iPad minis (called iPadcitos in my Spanish class), but also with terrific learning opportunities, and possibly the best part -- a group of like-minded colleagues to talk with, connect and share ideas.



Where am I?  I feel like I have moved beyond the spot where I was -- not completely informed, with it, nor super-educated.  Where am I going?  I am now filled with ideas -- ideas that I need to put into action!  I feel like one of the largest challenges is the lack of time to create and implement new projects.  However, the desire and motive is there for me to do that work.

As we move towards a new Teacher Effectiveness evaluation system in BVSD, I hope to really be able to use a lot of the work I put towards the cohort into my reflection as well.  As such, this reflection meets the Standard III-d :


  • Standard III: Teachers plan and deliver effective instruction and create an environment that facilitates learning for their students
  • Element d: Teachers thoughtfully integrate and utilize appropriate available technology in their instruction to maximize student learning






No comments:

Post a Comment